- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Jason Heyward hit in head by pitch, leaves game
NEW YORK — Atlanta Braves outfielder Jason Heyward has been hit in the right jaw by a pitch and taken to a hospital for X-rays.
Heyward was struck by a 90 mph fastball from New York Mets left-hander Jonathon Niese in the sixth inning Wednesday. The impact made a loud noise, and the crowd groaned as Heyward crumpled to the ground.
He stayed down on his back for about three minutes before getting helped to his feet. Heyward walked slowly off the field under his own power, escorted by a trainer, and was replaced by Jordan Schafer.
An inning later, the Mets announced that Heyward was examined by their doctors before he was taken to the hospital for further examination.
On a tear at the plate since moving into the leadoff spot last month, Heyward began the day batting .254 with 13 homers and 37 RBIs. Atlanta entered with a 15-game lead in the NL East.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes