- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
2013 U.S. Open draw puts Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer in same quarter
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — Defending champion Andy Murray could face top-seeded Novak Djokovic only in the U.S. Open semifinals, while Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer — who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows — might meet in the quarterfinals.
Murray beat Djokovic in the 2012 final.
Thursday’s draw for the year’s last Grand Slam tournament also set up these possible men’s quarterfinals: 2011 champion Djokovic vs. 2009 champion Juan Martin del Potro, No. 3 Murray vs. No. 5 Tomas Berdych, and No. 4 David Ferrer vs. No. 8 Richard Gasquet.
The potential women’s quarterfinals are No. 1 Serena Williams against No. 8 Angelique Kerber, No. 2 Victoria Azarenka against No. 7 Petra Kvitova, No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska against No. 5 Li Na, and No. 4 Sara Errani against No. 6 Caroline Wozniacki.
The full draw is below:
Novak Djokovic (1), Serbia, vs. Ricardas Berankis, Lithuania
Lukasz Kubot, Poland, vs. Jarkko Nieminen, Finland
Joao Sousa, Portugal, vs. Grigor Dimitrov (25), Bulgaria
w-Tim Smyczek, United States, vs. w-James Duckworth, Australia
Rajeev Ram, United States, vs. Fabio Fognini (16), Italy
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq