- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Anti-U.S. Hollywood got rich on capitalism
Excluding many country-western singers, most entertainers and probably 99 percent of Hollywood's elite, after becoming very rich in our capitalist, free-market society, develop a totally disdainful attitude toward America and our way of life and governance ("Celebrity sales force recruited to sell Obamacare to the young," Web, July 22).
The actors and actresses are the guiltiest. Ironically, their artistic value is being great liars, genuine phonies. They get paid big bucks for pretending to be someone else. This talent adds nothing to our society other than a little humor or a few moments of enjoyment. Once successful, these people become role models, heroes, even idols.
The shallow, lofty fame they acquire seems to make them think they are automatic political gurus — and given a bully pulpit, they spew their uninformed venom about their "warmongering" country and what greedy and vile people we are.
One last, scary thought: They all adore President Obama.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine