- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Paula Deen sexual harassment, discrimination lawsuit dismissed
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Attorneys have signed an agreement to dismiss a sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit against celebrity cook Paula Deen and her brother.
A document filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Savannah, Ga., said both sides reached a settlement “without any award of costs or fees to any party.”
Former employee Lisa Jackson sued Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, last year saying she worked for years in an environment rife with racial slurs and sexual innuendo as manager of Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House in Savannah.
Deen says in a statement that she is “looking forward to getting this behind me,” but says she also plans to review workplace environment issues raised in the lawsuit.
A judge dismissed the race discrimination claims on Aug. 12.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014