- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Twins C Joe Mauer recovering from concussion
Question of the Day
Mauer was placed on baseball’s seven-day concussion list earlier this week after he became dizzy during his pregame routine. The Twins sent him back to Minnesota from Detroit, and the 2009 AL MVP visited a specialist at the Mayo Clinic on Friday.
Mauer is scheduled to be at Target Field on Saturday to work with one of the team’s trainers.
“They told him to go home and rest,” Antony said before Minnesota opened a three-game series with the Cleveland Indians. “He’ll see the trainer (Saturday) and then start trying to figure out when he’s ready to start exercising. Depending on how he feels, he might start walking and exercising. It’s kind of a play-it-by-ear, day-by-day thing.”
“We’re hoping, but every person’s different,” Antony said. “With every player you’re relying upon what they tell you and how they feel. We let them dictate it. “
Mauer is hitting .324 with 11 homers and 47 RBIs for Minnesota, which entered the weekend 17 1-2 games out of first place in the AL Central.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq