- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Twins C Joe Mauer recovering from concussion
Mauer was placed on baseball’s seven-day concussion list earlier this week after he became dizzy during his pregame routine. The Twins sent him back to Minnesota from Detroit, and the 2009 AL MVP visited a specialist at the Mayo Clinic on Friday.
Mauer is scheduled to be at Target Field on Saturday to work with one of the team’s trainers.
“They told him to go home and rest,” Antony said before Minnesota opened a three-game series with the Cleveland Indians. “He’ll see the trainer (Saturday) and then start trying to figure out when he’s ready to start exercising. Depending on how he feels, he might start walking and exercising. It’s kind of a play-it-by-ear, day-by-day thing.”
“We’re hoping, but every person’s different,” Antony said. “With every player you’re relying upon what they tell you and how they feel. We let them dictate it. “
Mauer is hitting .324 with 11 homers and 47 RBIs for Minnesota, which entered the weekend 17 1-2 games out of first place in the AL Central.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.