- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Twins C Joe Mauer recovering from concussion
Mauer was placed on baseball’s seven-day concussion list earlier this week after he became dizzy during his pregame routine. The Twins sent him back to Minnesota from Detroit, and the 2009 AL MVP visited a specialist at the Mayo Clinic on Friday.
Mauer is scheduled to be at Target Field on Saturday to work with one of the team’s trainers.
“They told him to go home and rest,” Antony said before Minnesota opened a three-game series with the Cleveland Indians. “He’ll see the trainer (Saturday) and then start trying to figure out when he’s ready to start exercising. Depending on how he feels, he might start walking and exercising. It’s kind of a play-it-by-ear, day-by-day thing.”
“We’re hoping, but every person’s different,” Antony said. “With every player you’re relying upon what they tell you and how they feel. We let them dictate it. “
Mauer is hitting .324 with 11 homers and 47 RBIs for Minnesota, which entered the weekend 17 1-2 games out of first place in the AL Central.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again