- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Twins C Joe Mauer recovering from concussion
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - Minnesota Twins All-Star catcher Joe Mauer has been given permission by a concussion specialist to begin a light exercise program.
Mauer was placed on baseball's seven-day concussion list earlier this week after he became dizzy during his pregame routine. The Twins sent him back to Minnesota from Detroit, and the 2009 AL MVP visited a specialist at the Mayo Clinic on Friday.
"They were satisfied with where he's at," Twins assistant general manager Rob Antony said.
Mauer is scheduled to be at Target Field on Saturday to work with one of the team's trainers.
"They told him to go home and rest," Antony said before Minnesota opened a three-game series with the Cleveland Indians. "He'll see the trainer (Saturday) and then start trying to figure out when he's ready to start exercising. Depending on how he feels, he might start walking and exercising. It's kind of a play-it-by-ear, day-by-day thing."
Antony said the Twins don't know if Mauer will return when the concussion period expires.
"We're hoping, but every person's different," Antony said. "With every player you're relying upon what they tell you and how they feel. We let them dictate it. "
Mauer is hitting .324 with 11 homers and 47 RBIs for Minnesota, which entered the weekend 17 1-2 games out of first place in the AL Central.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors