- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Dwayne De Rosario, Bobby Convey score against former teams in draw
Convey, who began his MLS career with D.C. in 2000 before departing for England in 2004, neatly finished off a pass from Reggie Lambe inside the 18-yard box after a poor clearance by United defender Dejan Jakovic. It was Convey’s first goal for Toronto (4-12-9).
Dwayne De Rosario also scored against his former team, giving United (3-17-5) the lead with a long-range strike in the 10th minute. D.C., last in the Eastern Conference, has won just once in its last nine matches.
De Rosario, who played for Toronto FC in parts of three seasons from 2009-11, took a looping long ball from Perry Kitchen on the left flank, cut back to the right past two defenders and sent in his right-footed shot from 30 years into the top corner past a sprawling Joseph Bendik.
It was De Rosario’s third goal of the season, tying him for the team lead with Luis Silva.
In the 68th minute, United nearly regained its advantage when Luis Silva connected on an acrobatic scissor kick from point-blank range but his efforts were denied by a reaction save from Bendik.
Bendik finished with eight saves.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.