- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Dwayne De Rosario, Bobby Convey score against former teams in draw
Convey, who began his MLS career with D.C. in 2000 before departing for England in 2004, neatly finished off a pass from Reggie Lambe inside the 18-yard box after a poor clearance by United defender Dejan Jakovic. It was Convey’s first goal for Toronto (4-12-9).
Dwayne De Rosario also scored against his former team, giving United (3-17-5) the lead with a long-range strike in the 10th minute. D.C., last in the Eastern Conference, has won just once in its last nine matches.
De Rosario, who played for Toronto FC in parts of three seasons from 2009-11, took a looping long ball from Perry Kitchen on the left flank, cut back to the right past two defenders and sent in his right-footed shot from 30 years into the top corner past a sprawling Joseph Bendik.
It was De Rosario’s third goal of the season, tying him for the team lead with Luis Silva.
In the 68th minute, United nearly regained its advantage when Luis Silva connected on an acrobatic scissor kick from point-blank range but his efforts were denied by a reaction save from Bendik.
Bendik finished with eight saves.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014