- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Rally of Germany overshadowed by side-event deaths
Question of the Day
TRIER, GERMANY (AP) - The Rally of Germany was halted Saturday following the death of a driver and co-driver in another unrelated event.
Race organizers say a Dutch duo died after their vintage car crashed off the track in a demonstration event not connected to the championship. No other people were involved in the accident. The identities of the men were not released.
The last three of Saturday’s stages were cancelled, with the rally to continue as per the original schedule on Sunday.
Dani Sordo of Spain was leading in his Citroen after 13 stages, 0.8 seconds ahead of Belgium’s Thierry Neuville in a Ford Fiesta.
Mikko Hirvonen of Finland was third in another Citroen, 1 minute 27.6 seconds behind Sordo, who trails championship leader Sebastien Ogier by 112 points in the overall standings.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Homeland Security adviser tweets America is 'Islamic country'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs