- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
The 50-year-old Riegger birdied three of the final four holes _ holing a 20-footer for birdie on the par-5 18th _ for a 4-under 68 and a two-stroke victory over Cook. Riegger finished at 15-under 201.
Cook closed with a 65. Couples, from Seattle, was third at 11 under after a 66.
Riegger, a two-time winner on the Web.com Tour, is the fifth rookie to win this year on the 50-and-over tour, matching a record. He won $300,000, the biggest check in his professional career.
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) _ Australia’s Bronson La'Cassie won the Cox Classic to earn a PGA Tour card with a sixth-place finish on the Web.com Tour money list.
The former University of Minnesota player beat Matt Bettencourt with a par on the third hole of a playoff.
La'Cassie earned $144,000 to jump from 33rd to sixth on the money list with $255,629. The top 25 after the tournament earned PGA Tour cards for the 2013-14 season.
Bettencourt made $$86,400 to finish 16th with $162,877. Michael Putnam topped the list with $450,184. He had a 72 on Sunday to tie for 12th at 14 under.
JOHNNIE WALKER CHAMPIONSHIP
Fleetwood also birdied the 18th to match Scotland’s Stephen Gallacher and Argentina’s Ricardo Gonzalez at 18-under 270 on the PGA Centenary Course, the site of the Ryder Cup next year. Fleetwood closed with a 2-under 70, Gallacher had a 67, and Gonzalez shot 70.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again