- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
George Zimmerman’s lawyer reprimands him for visiting gun factory
George Zimmerman's lawyer reprimanded him for visiting on Thursday a Kel-Tec factory that makes the type of gun Mr. Zimmerman used to kill 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
Mr. Zimmerman was pictured at the plant in Cocoa, Fla., smiling and shaking hands with an employee, TMZ first reported.
"We understand how George visiting the factory that produces the gun used to shoot Trayvon Martin is seen as inappropriate," a spokesman for attorney Mark O'Mara told Reuters on Friday.
TMZ reported that Mr. Zimmerman was interested in buying a Kel-Tec KSG, a 12-gauge pump-action shotgun, though it is unclear whether he actually left with one.
Mr. Zimmerman, 29, shot Trayvon, who was 17, in the heart with a 9 mm Kel-Tec pistol.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Saturday Night Live' rushes to find black talent after criticism
- PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
- Kim Jong Un executes ousted uncle, Jang Song Thaek: report
- Massachusetts brewery loses 1,500 gallons of beer in gasket leak
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
Latest Blog Entries
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korea's official report on Jang Song Thaek
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- James Bond: The spy who is really an alcoholic
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A conservative commentator and satirist takes on the worlds of politics and entertainment in pursuit of truth, justice and all things America.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow