- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
Triple crown at stake as Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis wage home run duel
“We don’t worry about him,” Cabrera insisted. “We focus on what we can do here in Detroit.”
“One of the things he told me was, ‘Don’t let the talking heads get to you,’” Davis said. “Down the stretch everybody is going to compare us and say that this guy is doing this or this guy is doing that. But the biggest thing is to go out there and continue to play. He said, ‘You’re having a great year. You have something to be proud of. It’s not whether you finish with better numbers than I do, because you’ve still had a great year.’ I really appreciated that.”
Davis won’t measure his success in 2013 by the numbers of home runs he hits. He’s more focused on the numbers in the victory column for Baltimore.
“Chris is a huge team guy,” Wieters said. “He’s about winning more than anything. We’re all rooting for him because of that, because he cares more about us winning than any kind of home run title. Everybody in this clubhouse is rooting for him to keep going because, one, it’s going to help us win and two, because he deserves it.”
Said Davis: “There’s going to be a different home run king every year. Somebody is going to come along and break somebody else’s record. For me, the individual awards are nice, but at the end of the day, I play for the ultimate team award. To say that you were part of a winning team, or even a championship team, is something that nobody can ever take away from you. That’s how I feel about it.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.