- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
Bald eagle crashes into window at Okla. college chapel
Students at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Okla., were horrified to see a bald eagle released into the school's chapel by a professional handler crash into a window and tumble to the floor just as students began chanting "USA! USA!"
The eagle survived the impact, but not before startling onlookers whose gasps and screams as the bird collapsed are audible in a video of the incident.
"It was a bit shocking to see, but we're thankful the eagle is OK," university spokeswoman Carissa Bratschun told TulsaWorld.com.
The eagle was supposed to fly straight to the trainer but became disoriented and circled the auditorium instead.
"It had practiced five or six times," Miss Bratschun said. "When the time came, we're not sure what happened. It flew around the room and then hit a window."
The bald eagle and a golden eagle were part of a special spirit day chapel service held last week to launch the school year at the university, TulsaWorld.com reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- Cardinal Dolan: Pope's remarks on same-sex unions not an endorsement
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again