- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
The BCS farewell tour is starting, and here’s a guide to the season
Mack Brown, Texas. The Longhorns are 11-15 in the Big 12 since playing for a national title in 2009 and have been ripped by rival Oklahoma three straight years. That won’t fly in Austin for very long.
Bobby Hauck, UNLV. A highly-successful coach at Montana, he’s struggled in the move up to the FBS, winning three games in each of his three seasons.
Gary Pinkel, Missouri. A move to the SEC could be Pinkel’s undoing if the Tigers don’t start winning in their new league soon.
Run through college football rosters across the country and you’ll find some interesting names. Here’s some of the coolest we could find:
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama defensive back.
Taco Charlton, Michigan defensive end.
Spiffy Evans, Boston College receiver.
Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn linebacker.
Thor Jozwiak, South Florida offensive lineman.
Silverberry Mouhon, Cincinnati defensive lineman.
Munchie Legaux, Cincinnati quarterback.
Pharoah McKever, North Carolina State receiver.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow