- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Alex Len signs with Suns; ex-Terp was 5th pick in draft
Question of the Day
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have signed first-round draft pick Alex Len.
The team announced the signing Thursday moments after confirming a trade that sent Caron Butler from Phoenix to the Milwaukee Bucks.
The 7-foot-1 Len, the fifth overall pick in the draft, played two seasons at Maryland after coming to the United States from his native Ukraine. He averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in his sophomore season at Maryland.
Len, just 20 years old, has a 7-foot-4 wing span. He had 20 points and seven rebounds in an ACC tournament game against North Carolina and had a career-high 23 points, 12 rebounds and four blocked shots against Kentucky.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq