- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jackson is the race-obsessed one
Question of the Day
The Rev. Jesse Jackson is now claiming the Tea Party represents the return of the Confederate States (“Jesse Jackson: ‘Tea party is the resurrection of the Confederacy,’” Web, Aug. 27). Mr. Jackson daily brings up race in some form. I am not a member of the Tea Party but I support what it represents.
What is wrong with dumping the Internal Revenue Service, bringing God back into the schools, not supporting killing the unborn child, eliminating unnecessary agencies of government, defunding programs that continually supply handouts to those who should be working, and bringing integrity to all government programs? Mr. Jackson should take a poll of answers to this question.
The Tea Party is not racist. It’s he who brings up the subject to the point of nausea for those who believe that bringing back honesty and integrity would be a gift to the United States. Mr. Jackson should curb his tongue unless he can support something positive for our fine country.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Stopping police asset-forfeiture predators
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- EDITORIAL: Cellphones, steering wheels and safety
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ship tours can foster dialogue
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Latin leaders profit from illegals
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling