- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Rahal tabbed for test on IMS road course
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Graham Rahal will drive an IndyCar Series car Wednesday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course as part of a test designed to see if the infield road is suited for an open wheel race in the future.
Adding a second race to the schedule at IMS would follow one of the recommendations from a report a consulting group the series hired to evaluate business operations.
The Boston Consulting Group offered a wide array of suggestions, including using the speedway for an IndyCar race on the road course. BCG found IMS had the potential to generate a $4.3 million profit.
The only other time an IndyCar was tested on the IMS road course was in the fall of 2011.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again