- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
A capsule look at majors played at Oak Hill
Question of the Day
A capsule look at the five previous majors and one Ryder Cup held at Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford, N.Y., where the 95th PGA Championship will be played Aug. 8-11:
Event: U.S. Open.
Winner: Cary Middlecoff.
Runner-up: Julius Boros, Ben Hogan.
Margin: 1 shot.
Recap: Cary Middlecoff won his third and final major championship without ever breaking par in any of the rounds. He went into the final day two shots behind Peter Thomson and shot 70 in the third round to take a one-shot lead over Ben Hogan and Ted Kroll. Middlecoff closed with a 70, and then had to wait to see if it was enough. Hogan was going after a record fifth U.S. Open title. He was tied for the lead when he missed a 30-inch par putt on the 17th hole to slip one shot behind, and he failed to birdie the 18th. Julius Boros had a birdie putt on the 18th to force a playoff, but it rattled the cup and stayed out.
Quote: “Nobody wins the Open. It wins you.” _ Middlecoff.
Event: U.S. Open.
Winner: Lee Trevino.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world