- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Kolb hurts knee in off-field slip at camp
“It was a very smooth transition,” Marrone said. “It can affect the team. And I didn’t see it affect the two guys behind him, so that’s positive.”
It’s too early to determine whether Kolb’s injury will affect the quarterback rotation for the Bills preseason opener at Indianapolis on Aug. 11.
Manuel has shown improvement with each day of practice. On Saturday, he hit Marcus Easley on a deep route, and also showed off his speed in taking off on quarterback sweeps.
Manuel was selected 16th overall out of Florida State, and the only quarterback taken in the first round of the draft.
The Bills have only one other quarterback at camp, Jeff Tuel, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Washington State.
As for Stevie Johnson, the receiver was disappointed to be sidelined once again by injury. He missed most of the team’s spring practices with a sore back. He’s also had a history of groin problems that have cropped up during camp.
Johnson said he felt something pop just as he was pushing off his left leg to make a cut. He expects to be ready for the start of the season.
“The season’s where the money’s made, man,” Johnson said. “I’ll be out there to play.”
NOTES: With WR Kevin Elliott (right shoulder) also out, the Bills signed undrafted rookie WR Terrell Sinkfield on Saturday. The Northern Iowa product has already been cut twice this offseason, by Miami and Green Bay. … Reserve TE Mike Caussin, who hurt his hip Friday, will have the injury evaluated next week to determine how much time he’ll miss, Marrone said. … DE Mario Williams took part in on-field individual drills for the first time since complaining of a sore foot before the first training camp practice.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.