- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
PGA Championship at a glance
PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Facts and figures for the PGA Championship:
Event: 95th PGA Championship.
Dates: Aug. 8-11.
Site: Oak Hill Country Club (East Course).
Length: 7,163 yards:
Field: 156 players (136 tour pros, 20 club pros).
Prize money: TBA ($8 million in 2012).
Winner’s share: TBA ($1.445 million in 2012).
Defending champion: Rory McIlroy.
Last year: Rory McIlroy won his second major in as many years with a performance every bit as dominant. He closed with a 6-under 66 at Kiawah Island for an eight-shot victory, breaking the PGA Championship record for largest margin that Jack Nicklaus set in 1980. At 23, he became the youngest player since Seve Ballesteros with two majors. McIlroy finished off a 67 on Sunday morning to complete the storm-delayed third round and build a three-shot lead.
Major champions at Oak Hill: Shaun Micheel (2003 PGA), Curtis Strange (1989 U.S. Open), Jack Nicklaus (1980 PGA), Lee Trevino (1968 U.S. Open), Cary Middlecoff (1956 U.S. Open).
Tracking Tiger: Tiger Woods is now 0-for-17 in the majors since winning his 14th at the 2008 U.S. Open.
Key statistic: There have been 16 times when a player had all four rounds in the 60s at the PGA Championship, the most of any major.
Noteworthy: The last three winners of the PGA Championship have all been in their 20s, the longest such streak in any major in nearly 50 years.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014