- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
PGA Championship player capsules
Question of the Day
PGA MOMENT: Grounding his club in the sand without realizing it was a bunker on the final hole at Whistling Straits in 2010; it cost him a spot in a playoff with Bubba Watson and champion Martin Kaymer.
BACKSPIN: With his first two rounds at the British Open, and his last two rounds at the Canadian Open, you have to wonder if the most talented young American is close to putting everything together. He’s a massive talent who has attracted way too much attention for his life outside the course, particularly his relationship with Paulina Gretzky. He is a simple thinker when it comes to golf. He’s too good not to win a major.
WORLD RANKING: 27.
WORLDWIDE WINS: 4.
2013 WINS: BMW PGA Championship.
PGA MOMENT: Making his PGA debut in 2011 with a 68 in the opening round. He hasn’t broken par since then.
BACKSPIN: He has all the trappings of the next star out of Europe, winning four times at age 20, including the tour’s flagship event at Wentworth. He also is having a rough year in the majors, on the short list of players _ Hiroyuki Fujita and Louis Oosthuizen _ who have not made the cut in all three majors this year. His lack of length might hurt on a few holes at Oak Hill, but there is a determination that keeps this kid in the conversation, and this might be the place for him to make his first run at a major.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq