- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Rangel gets racial: Tea party a bunch of ‘white crackers’
Question of the Day
New York Rep. Charlie Rangel wants the world to know: Tea party members are a bunch of "white crackers."
"It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police," Mr. Rangel told the Daily Beast.
"They didn't care about how they looked. It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough."
House Republicans didn't get off any easier.
The congressman likened them to terrorists: "What's going on is sabotage. Terrorists couldn't do a better job than the Republicans are doing."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Fed's polygraph experts expect future security clearance interviews to be conducted by robots
- Snipers exposed: 'Boomerang' technology tells troops where first shot was fired
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- Turkey gives White House cold shoulder: Prime Minister Erdogan says he no longer talks to Obama
- Chinese spy ship arrives at giant U.S.-led naval exercise off the coast of Hawaii
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq