- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
Tigers 3B Cabrera out of lineup
General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Manager Jim Leyland has delivered the same message since the slugger was originally injured.
“Our primary concern with Miguel Cabrera is his health,” Dombrowski said. “As much as anybody would, we’d like to see him win the home run title, RBI title or Triple Crown, but he’s playing for the good of the team.”
Cabrera left Thursday’s win against Oakland in the fifth inning after hurting his abdomen while making an awkward slide. He was back in the lineup for Friday’s game against Cleveland, but departed after two innings due to irritation of the abdominal area.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- LOZANSKY: World War III over Ukraine, anyone?
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Minister sees breakthrough 'in months' for long-split Cyprus
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again