- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Tigers 3B Cabrera out of lineup
Question of the Day
Cabrera has been bothered by a strained left abdominal wall for more than a month. The reigning AL MVP made an early exit from each of the Tigers’ last two games.
Cabrera leads the majors with a .359 average and 130 RBIs, and his 43 home runs put him four behind Baltimore’s Chris Davis. He is seeking his second consecutive Triple Crown.
General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Manager Jim Leyland has delivered the same message since the slugger was originally injured.
“Our primary concern with Miguel Cabrera is his health,” Dombrowski said. “As much as anybody would, we’d like to see him win the home run title, RBI title or Triple Crown, but he’s playing for the good of the team.”
Cabrera left Thursday’s win against Oakland in the fifth inning after hurting his abdomen while making an awkward slide. He was back in the lineup for Friday’s game against Cleveland, but departed after two innings due to irritation of the abdominal area.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq