- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Tigers 3B Cabrera out of lineup
Question of the Day
Cabrera has been bothered by a strained left abdominal wall for more than a month. The reigning AL MVP made an early exit from each of the Tigers’ last two games.
Cabrera leads the majors with a .359 average and 130 RBIs, and his 43 home runs put him four behind Baltimore’s Chris Davis. He is seeking his second consecutive Triple Crown.
General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Manager Jim Leyland has delivered the same message since the slugger was originally injured.
“Our primary concern with Miguel Cabrera is his health,” Dombrowski said. “As much as anybody would, we’d like to see him win the home run title, RBI title or Triple Crown, but he’s playing for the good of the team.”
Cabrera left Thursday’s win against Oakland in the fifth inning after hurting his abdomen while making an awkward slide. He was back in the lineup for Friday’s game against Cleveland, but departed after two innings due to irritation of the abdominal area.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world