- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Tigers 3B Cabrera out of lineup
Cabrera has been bothered by a strained left abdominal wall for more than a month. The reigning AL MVP made an early exit from each of the Tigers’ last two games.
Cabrera leads the majors with a .359 average and 130 RBIs, and his 43 home runs put him four behind Baltimore’s Chris Davis. He is seeking his second consecutive Triple Crown.
General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Manager Jim Leyland has delivered the same message since the slugger was originally injured.
“Our primary concern with Miguel Cabrera is his health,” Dombrowski said. “As much as anybody would, we’d like to see him win the home run title, RBI title or Triple Crown, but he’s playing for the good of the team.”
Cabrera left Thursday’s win against Oakland in the fifth inning after hurting his abdomen while making an awkward slide. He was back in the lineup for Friday’s game against Cleveland, but departed after two innings due to irritation of the abdominal area.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.