- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
CURL: Obama: Do as I say, not as I do
Question of the Day
The first family couldn’t care less about that. Michelle will still take her million-dollar vacation with family friends to Spain, and they’re set to hit Martha’s Vineyard this week, where they’ll stay in an $8 million house that costs $75,000 a week to rent. Along for the trip — 75 staffers (again, your dime).
But get this: the 10-acre acre estate on the tony island is owned by one of Chicago’s wealthiest corporate financiers, reported Michelle Malkin. The “deep-pocketed donor and private-equity whiz … earned his money in much the same way the demonized Mitt Romney did: Through corporate restructuring and rescuing debt-burdened companies.”
Like the president’s low tax rate, all perfectly legal. And one could even argue, truly American. But the irony is deep: The president spews disgust toward just this type of entrepreneur — as he did toward Mr. Romney throughout the 2012 campaign — but is more than happy to luxuriate in that very largesse.
No, it is you that needs to “defer gratification.” Not the president. And always remember: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times and is now editor of the Drudge Report. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @josephcurl.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq