- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
CURL: Obama: Do as I say, not as I do
Question of the Day
The first family couldn’t care less about that. Michelle will still take her million-dollar vacation with family friends to Spain, and they’re set to hit Martha’s Vineyard this week, where they’ll stay in an $8 million house that costs $75,000 a week to rent. Along for the trip — 75 staffers (again, your dime).
But get this: the 10-acre acre estate on the tony island is owned by one of Chicago’s wealthiest corporate financiers, reported Michelle Malkin. The “deep-pocketed donor and private-equity whiz … earned his money in much the same way the demonized Mitt Romney did: Through corporate restructuring and rescuing debt-burdened companies.”
Like the president’s low tax rate, all perfectly legal. And one could even argue, truly American. But the irony is deep: The president spews disgust toward just this type of entrepreneur — as he did toward Mr. Romney throughout the 2012 campaign — but is more than happy to luxuriate in that very largesse.
No, it is you that needs to “defer gratification.” Not the president. And always remember: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times and is now editor of the Drudge Report. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @josephcurl.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq