- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Kimball’s patience pays off with 1st win
A disciplined diet and a monitor he can access while racing allayed those fears. Closing in on the biggest moment of his career on Sunday at the technically demanding 2.258-mile circuit, Kimball dutifully checked his glucose levels every 5-10 laps. The numbers never strayed out of normal range, leaving Kimball free to soak in the moment.
“You can still live your dreams with diabetes,” Kimball said.
One that became a reality for Kimball and tamped down any lingering doubts he had about his ability to compete against IndyCar’s best, including the two guys in the adjoining garages. The victory “quieted a lot of voices” including the one in his head. Now he can focus on the next step in a future getting brighter lap by lap.
“I think builds momentum for not just the rest of the season,” Kimball said, “but the next few years.”
Follow Will Graves at www.twitter.com/WillGravesAP
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.