- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
A-Rod return boosts YES Network ratings
A-Rod’s first major league game since October drew the YES Network’s highest rating this year for a Yankees game, even though New York lost 8-1 at the Chicago White Sox on Monday night.
YES said Tuesday the game had a 4.34 rating and averaged 393,000 viewers. The previous high was 4.16 rating for a 2-1 loss at the New York Mets on May 27.
The most viewers were around the time of his first at-bat, with the 8:30 to 8:45 p.m. EDT period drawing an 8.22 rating and 756,000 viewers.
Earlier Monday, Rodriguez was given a 211-game suspension through the 2014 season by Major League Baseball for violations of its drug agreement and labor contract. The ban starts Thursday, but Rodriguez can play until an arbitrator decides his appeal.
Rodriguez, a three-time AL MVP, was returning from hip surgery in January.
The Yankees are averaging a 2.53 rating and 231,000 viewers on YES this season, a 35 percent drop in viewership from a 3.96 and 354,000 at a similar point last season.
Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson have been injured for most of the season. New York began Tuesday in fourth place in the AL East, 9 1-2 games behind division-leading Boston.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014