- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
‘Donald Duck’ blasts the Holy Land on Twitter: ‘I truly wish #Israel is demolished’
The official voice of Donald Duck on the Disney Middle East channel took to Twitter Sunday, explaining his hatred for Zionism and the state of Israel.
"I truly wish #Israel is demolished, I hate Zionism, I have so much hate inside me with every single child they murder or land they seize!" tweeted Wael Mansour, who on his profile claims to be an "Egyptian Singer, TV & Radio Host - working at Mega FM 92.7 — Official voice of Donald Duck in Disney MiddleEast."
The actor defended his comments, saying there is a difference between hating Jews and hating Zionism.
"I don't know why insulting #Israel & #Zionism is 'Anti-Semitic'?! They are just a bunch of Polish/ Ethiopian immigrants roughly 70 years old," he said to his 21,000 followers. "This isn't an 'anti-jew' matter, i am anti-occupation and anti-zionism, NOT anti-jew."
The Algemeiner has requested Disney's Bob Iger, who is Jewish, to comment on the matter.
"The zionist entity is a racist entity by definition," Mr. Mansour later told The Algemeiner. "Performing crimes of hate by the power of its criminal law. I stand firm by what I said."
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter Inc. names first female board member
- Dad buys $750 Xbox One from eBay, gets photo of the console instead
- 7-year-old chomps down on 2-inch rusty nail baked into Panera Bread cookie
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!