- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Braves’ tweet about Bryce Harper ‘inappropriate,” says GM
The Braves‘ official Twitter account posted “Clown move bro” after the Washington Nationals slugger was angered over being drilled in the leg by Julio Teheran on Tuesday night. It was a reference to Harper’s famous retort to a reporter, “That’s a clown question, bro.”
Harper had homered in his previous at-bat. After he was hit, both benched and bullpens emptied, but no punches were thrown.
The Nationals answered the Braves‘ tweet with one of their own: “Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?”
Asked if the Nationals might retaliate in Wednesday’s game, manager Davey Johnson said: “It’s just baseball as usual” — then he paused and smiled.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.