- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Cowboys’ injury problems in OL getting serious
Jones said the Cowboys were looking to give Romo an “extra half-second” of protection when they passed on chances to upgrade their defensive line in the draft and traded down to get Frederick at No. 31.
Then Livings and Kevin Kowalski, a backup guard, went down about the same time at camp, forcing Dallas to add two linemen in one day. One was James Nelson, who was living just 10 minutes from training camp after Dallas decided not to sign him following rookie camp in May.
But Nelson and Jeff Olson, another guard, were seen as camp filler. Things have changed now.
“It’s always urgent,” Garrett said. “It was urgent in the offseason leading up to the draft. It was urgent after that. And it’s getting more and more urgent as you get closer to the games. The injuries have been the biggest issue.”
They’re getting serious enough that Romo probably won’t be joking about them anytime soon.
Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.