- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s Ho-inspired tactics
Ho had a communist group to identify farmers that they thought owned too much. That group would pay a visit to the farmer’s village, gather a crowd of his village neighbors, force the farmer to kneel on a nearby road, spit on him, ridicule and condemn him for hours before digging a hole and burying him up to his head. The grand finale was to line up a buffalo-driven plow and drag it over the farmer’s head. This detail describes one among many ruthless communist re-education punishments that was reported by North Vietnamese who fled to the South after the Geneva Accords were signed in 1954.
Just as Ho sought to use President Franklin D. Roosevelt, he also tricked the French into jailing (and thus eliminating) his “enemies,” the Vietnamese nationalists, by identifying them to the French for pay. Ho used that money to advance his goal of fundamentally transforming Vietnam, with mentoring from Mao Zedong. (Nien Cheng’s autobiography, “Life and Death in Shanghai,” is an excellent resource on similar communist re-education tactics.) Ho and the other communists were skillful in deception to fool the Vietnamese people, villagers among them, with a litany of empty promises. This deception continues in Vietnam to this day — and rings familiar in our own country now.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same