- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s Ho-inspired tactics
Question of the Day
Ho had a communist group to identify farmers that they thought owned too much. That group would pay a visit to the farmer’s village, gather a crowd of his village neighbors, force the farmer to kneel on a nearby road, spit on him, ridicule and condemn him for hours before digging a hole and burying him up to his head. The grand finale was to line up a buffalo-driven plow and drag it over the farmer’s head. This detail describes one among many ruthless communist re-education punishments that was reported by North Vietnamese who fled to the South after the Geneva Accords were signed in 1954.
Just as Ho sought to use President Franklin D. Roosevelt, he also tricked the French into jailing (and thus eliminating) his “enemies,” the Vietnamese nationalists, by identifying them to the French for pay. Ho used that money to advance his goal of fundamentally transforming Vietnam, with mentoring from Mao Zedong. (Nien Cheng’s autobiography, “Life and Death in Shanghai,” is an excellent resource on similar communist re-education tactics.) Ho and the other communists were skillful in deception to fool the Vietnamese people, villagers among them, with a litany of empty promises. This deception continues in Vietnam to this day — and rings familiar in our own country now.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Embryonic stem cell research falls out of favor as scientists go ethical
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives