- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Redskins’ rookie secondary trio to get long preseason look
Question of the Day
Shortly after Rambo broke up the pass intended for Morgan on Tuesday, Amerson intercepted one near the other sideline. He positioned himself in front of the receiver, and at 6-foot-1, quarterback Rex Grossman had no chance to get the ball over him.
Amerson often played about eight yards off the line of scrimmage at N.C. State so he could try to read the quarterback and jump routes to intercept passes. During training camp, he has been playing more press coverage, which should suit him considering his length.
Will all the rookies’ work be evident in live action? The Redskins are eager to find out.
“These guys have kind of got accustomed to our receivers, so this will let us know, kind of game situations, what it’s going to be like week in and week out with a different set of receivers,” Hall said. “So I can’t wait to see these guys in the game to actually see how they communicate, how they play, how they hit, how they take getting beat, how they take making a play and just bouncing back and just keeping it going.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors