- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Stewart’s injury shows Superman could get hurt
Zipadelli’s most serious task is pulling SHR together and keeping the focus on getting Ryan Newman in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
It was just two weeks ago that Newman won at Indianapolis Motor Speedway to move into position to earn a wild-card berth into the 12-driver field, and Stewart left Pocono Raceway on Sunday ranked 11th in the standings holding the first wild-card position. It had SHR in position after a poor first-half of the season to get two of its three drivers in the Chase.
Now Stewart’s chances are over, but Newman has a very real opportunity to get into the field.
“Obviously it’s a huge letdown to everybody at Stewart-Haas, knowing that we were making some great strides,” Zipadelli said. “I think we’ve had some drastic improvements in the performance on the race track. I felt like we were peaking at the right time with two race cars having an opportunity. It’s a huge disappointment. But we’ll try to do our best to take that disappointment and turn it into a positive push for (Newman).”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014