- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
US returns to FIFA top 20 after 2-year absence
ZURICH (AP) - The United States has broken into the top 20 of the FIFA rankings for the first time in more than two years after winning last month’s Gold Cup.
The U.S. rose three places in the rankings released Thursday to No. 19, the same spot it reached in March 2011. The Americans replace No. 20 Mexico as CONCACAF’s highest placed team for the first time since 2011.
With European teams inactive last month, Spain leads an unchanged top 10. Germany is second and Colombia is No. 3.
Confederations Cup winner Brazil remains at No. 9. As host nation for next year’s World Cup, Brazil does not play qualifying matches that earn ranking points.
Ivory Coast is still Africa’s highest-ranked team, though it drops five places to No. 18.
Japan leads Asia at No. 37.
Panama, which beat Mexico in a Gold Cup semifinal, jumps 11 spots to No. 40.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.