- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
Vick to start, split time with Foles vs. Patriots
“Definitely jitters a little bit, just because it’s something new,” Dobson said. “I’m ready for it. I’m excited to play.”
Running back LeGarrette Blount also will make his Patriots debut. Blount, who ran for 1,007 yards as a rookie for Tampa Bay in 2010, is coming off a disappointing season and was traded to New England for a seventh-round draft pick. He’ll be playing against his former coach at Oregon in Kelly.
“He’s a real good coach and a real good guy,” Blount said. “I loved his offense at Oregon and if it’s going to be anything like that, they’ll be pretty productive.”
All eyes will be on Kelly’s offense to see how up-tempo style translates in the NFL. Kelly had tremendous success at Oregon, and everyone has been wondering since he replaced Andy Reid how he’ll do in the NFL.
Though Kelly won’t show too much in the preseason, it’ll be a small sampling at least.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun,” Kelly said. “I think the way our camp worked out for itself, our players came in with great attitudes and that part was exciting. Then you get an opportunity to now bring a new team in. I think that kind of changed how we were doing things. Now we’re getting into the preseason portion of it. We don’t talk about it’s just the preseason. It’s on the line every time you go on the field.
“So we’re all excited about our opportunity to play tomorrow night.”
Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_RobMaaddi
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow