- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Arsenal draws Fenerbahce in Champs League playoffs
NYON, SWITZERLAND (AP) - Arsenal, seeking to qualify for a 16th straight season in the group stage of the Champions League, has been drawn to play Turkish club Fenerbahce in the playoffs of Europe’s top club competition.
However, a pending match-fixing case involving Fenerbahce at the Court of Arbitration for Sport means the Turkish club could be expelled even if it beats the English side.
Seven-time winner AC Milan was paired with 1988 champion PSV Eindhoven in Friday’s draw.
German club Schalke was drawn to play Ukraine’s Metalist Kharkiv, which faces a match-fixing disciplinary hearing at UEFA on Tuesday.
Among the 10 pairings: Lyon vs. Real Sociedad, Pacos de Ferreira vs. Zenit St. Petersburg, and newcomer Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan hosting Celtic.
First legs will be played Aug. 20-21, with the return legs on Aug. 27-28.
The winners advance to the elite 32-team group stage.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.