- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- LAPD admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
Arsenal draws Fenerbahce in Champs League playoffs
NYON, SWITZERLAND (AP) - Arsenal, seeking to qualify for a 16th straight season in the group stage of the Champions League, has been drawn to play Turkish club Fenerbahce in the playoffs of Europe’s top club competition.
However, a pending match-fixing case involving Fenerbahce at the Court of Arbitration for Sport means the Turkish club could be expelled even if it beats the English side.
Seven-time winner AC Milan was paired with 1988 champion PSV Eindhoven in Friday’s draw.
German club Schalke was drawn to play Ukraine’s Metalist Kharkiv, which faces a match-fixing disciplinary hearing at UEFA on Tuesday.
Among the 10 pairings: Lyon vs. Real Sociedad, Pacos de Ferreira vs. Zenit St. Petersburg, and newcomer Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan hosting Celtic.
First legs will be played Aug. 20-21, with the return legs on Aug. 27-28.
The winners advance to the elite 32-team group stage.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014