- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
James Lee DiMaggio, kidnap suspect, booby-trapped car with bomb, police say
It’s day six in the search for a 16-year-old girl who is believed to have been abducted by a family friend who is accused of killing her mother and setting fire to their home. And police warned Friday: James Lee DiMaggio, 40, may have booby-trapped his get-away car with a bomb.
Mr. DiMaggio is wanted on charges of murder and arson. He is accused of killing Christina Anderson, 44, and burning the family home, located about 65 miles outside San Diego, on Sunday night.
Emergency responders also found remains they say belong to a child, but it’s too soon to tell if those remains are the body of Hannah’s 8-year-old brother, Ethan. But the boy hasn’t been seen or heard from since the fire.
“That is kind of a working theory, that it may be something of a motivator,” Capt. Fraser said.
Mr. DiMaggio was a family friend for years. Brett Anderson, the father, recently appeared on television to appeal to Mr. DiMaggio to let his daughter go and to Hannah, to run as soon as she had the chance.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Military urged to stay away from National Day of Prayer event
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
- Ben Carson presidential PAC outpaces Hillary, GOP
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.