- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
Mark Zuckerberg group defends Rep. Paul Ryan’s push for immigration reform
Question of the Day
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's political action group is coming to the defense of Rep. Paul Ryan with a pro-immigration-reform ad buy in the Wisconsin Republican's congressional district, Politico reported.
The news website reported that on Friday Americans for a Conservative Direction will begin the $350,000 ad campaign.
Politico reported that the ad buy is basically twice the amount of money that the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which opposes the immigration reform bill that the Senate passed this year, is funneling into ads that claim Mr. Ryan backs amnesty for illegal immigrants.
"The spot from the FWD.us affiliate begins with a picture of Ryan and says, 'Amnesty? Not a chance,' and goes on to say the House budget chairman is looking at a 'conservative solution to the issue of immigration," Politico reported. "It then focuses on more muscular pieces of the reform effort such as increased border security, E-verify and items like back taxes charged to illegal immigrants already in the country."
Mr. Ryan has supported efforts to strengthen the nation's immigration system in the House.
The ad buy is expected to run through Sept. 3, Politico said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world