- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
RENO, Nev. — A member of a search team on Tuesday found a couple and four young members of their families who had been missing in the frigid mountains of northern Nevada since Sunday, authorities said.
The people were taken to Pershing General Hospital after they were found in good condition.
Sheila Reitz of the Pershing County Sheriff’s Office said a member of the public searching on the ground had located the people. Further details were not immediately available.
“The mood where I’m at’s ecstatic,” said Col. Tim Hahn, who commands the Nevada Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, which had six planes searching for the group. “We are thrilled beyond words.”
Aircraft and crews on the ground were searching for James Glanton, 34, his girlfriend Christina McIntee, 25, their two children Evan and Chloe Glanton, and Shelby Fitzpatrick and Tate McIntee, a niece and nephew of Christina McIntee. The children ranged in age from 3 to 10.
Overnight temperatures in the nearby town of Lovelock dipped to 16 degrees below during the search. Officials said the group had gone to the Seven Troughs area to play in the snow.
Authorities said about 200 people had joined the search roughly 100 miles northeast of Reno.
Gov. Brian Sandoval tweeted about the discovery.
“Very glad to hear the missing family in Lovelock has been found and they are safe!” he said. “Thank you to all who worked so tirelessly to find them!”
Reitz said a signal from the missing woman’s phone initially showed they were in the Seven Troughs area 25 miles northwest of Lovelock. After that, the search was expanded to a wider area.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.