- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC), Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, and Embassy of Azerbaijan to the United States have successfully completed a three-day Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) Trade Mission from United States to Azerbaijan recently with major sponsorship of NarMobile. Trade Mission started on December 2, 2013 with the official opening of Bakutel2013 and completed on December 4, 2013 with a formal reception at the Residence of U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan. A total of 13 leading American companies participated in the mission.
The trade mission measured another exceptional success for boosting U.S.-Azerbaijan trade relations in the ICT field. Major focus area was Azerbaijan’s rapidly growing ICT industry - one of the main directions for the development of the economy in the country. Mission also explored high potential partnership opportunities in the market. American tech-service and technology providers exploring the opportunities included large and medium scale companies such as Lockheed Martin, Hughes, Oracle, Globecomm, Exelis, Futron Corporation, Hughes, Space Systems Loral, iControl, Wisethink Information Solutions, Tmob, SW Creatives and Elizarov Consulting Group.
The first day of mission program included participation at Bakutel2013, the 19th International Telecommunications and Information Technologies Exhibition, where Trade Mission participants exhibited their services under U.S. Pavilion. Bakutel2013 is highly recognized for its increase in the number of participants and gathered 27 countries, including U.S., which made first time debut appearance in Azerbaijan.
USACC booth was visited by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and representatives of international industry institutions including the United Nations (UN), International Communications Union (ITU), Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications and the association of trade show organizers - the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI).
On second day of mission, Azerbaijan – U.S. ICT Business Forum took place at Baku Business Center with the participation of 30 presenters, including keynote speakers Prof. Dr. Ali M. Abbasov, Minister of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, Mr. Reza Vaziri, USACC Co-Chairman, and Mr. Richard Morningstar, Ambassador of the United States to Azerbaijan.
Forum participants had the opportunity to listen to market briefings from Azerbaijan’s government officials and industry regulators. They were also able to present their companies to an audience of local tech-based companies and institutions. Among the panels discussed were Azerbaijan’s telecommunications satellite prospects, the upcoming launch of two more satellites, trade and investment opportunities in ICT field, and other opportunities in Azerbaijan-U.S. ICT partnership.
The Forum was followed by an MCIT-sponsored VIP Gala Dinner with the participation of 90 guests.
The third and last day of mission program incorporated numerous matchmaking meetings with government and industry officials as well as on-site visits to AzerCosmos Main Satellite Ground Control Station and Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center, which is renowned for its distinctive architectural style.
The Mission came to an end with a private reception at the Residence of United States Ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar. Ambassador welcomed the trade mission delegation. Mr. Elmir Valizade, Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, and Mr. Reza Vaziri, USACC Co-Chairman then briefed the government and business leaders about the importance and positive outcomes of ICT trade mission.
USACC would like to express its deep gratitude to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Embassy of Azerbaijan to the United States for its strong commitment in this paramount initiative to strengthen U.S.-Azerbaijan trade relations.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.