- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
Question of the Day
Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC), Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, and Embassy of Azerbaijan to the United States have successfully completed a three-day Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) Trade Mission from United States to Azerbaijan recently with major sponsorship of NarMobile. Trade Mission started on December 2, 2013 with the official opening of Bakutel2013 and completed on December 4, 2013 with a formal reception at the Residence of U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan. A total of 13 leading American companies participated in the mission.
The trade mission measured another exceptional success for boosting U.S.-Azerbaijan trade relations in the ICT field. Major focus area was Azerbaijan’s rapidly growing ICT industry - one of the main directions for the development of the economy in the country. Mission also explored high potential partnership opportunities in the market. American tech-service and technology providers exploring the opportunities included large and medium scale companies such as Lockheed Martin, Hughes, Oracle, Globecomm, Exelis, Futron Corporation, Hughes, Space Systems Loral, iControl, Wisethink Information Solutions, Tmob, SW Creatives and Elizarov Consulting Group.
The first day of mission program included participation at Bakutel2013, the 19th International Telecommunications and Information Technologies Exhibition, where Trade Mission participants exhibited their services under U.S. Pavilion. Bakutel2013 is highly recognized for its increase in the number of participants and gathered 27 countries, including U.S., which made first time debut appearance in Azerbaijan.
USACC booth was visited by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and representatives of international industry institutions including the United Nations (UN), International Communications Union (ITU), Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications and the association of trade show organizers - the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI).
On second day of mission, Azerbaijan – U.S. ICT Business Forum took place at Baku Business Center with the participation of 30 presenters, including keynote speakers Prof. Dr. Ali M. Abbasov, Minister of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, Mr. Reza Vaziri, USACC Co-Chairman, and Mr. Richard Morningstar, Ambassador of the United States to Azerbaijan.
Forum participants had the opportunity to listen to market briefings from Azerbaijan’s government officials and industry regulators. They were also able to present their companies to an audience of local tech-based companies and institutions. Among the panels discussed were Azerbaijan’s telecommunications satellite prospects, the upcoming launch of two more satellites, trade and investment opportunities in ICT field, and other opportunities in Azerbaijan-U.S. ICT partnership.
The Forum was followed by an MCIT-sponsored VIP Gala Dinner with the participation of 90 guests.
The third and last day of mission program incorporated numerous matchmaking meetings with government and industry officials as well as on-site visits to AzerCosmos Main Satellite Ground Control Station and Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center, which is renowned for its distinctive architectural style.
The Mission came to an end with a private reception at the Residence of United States Ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar. Ambassador welcomed the trade mission delegation. Mr. Elmir Valizade, Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan, and Mr. Reza Vaziri, USACC Co-Chairman then briefed the government and business leaders about the importance and positive outcomes of ICT trade mission.
USACC would like to express its deep gratitude to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Embassy of Azerbaijan to the United States for its strong commitment in this paramount initiative to strengthen U.S.-Azerbaijan trade relations.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq