- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Inside the Beltway: The handshake heard ‘round the world at Mandela service
And who are those candidates? Among them: Republican Reps. Justin Amash of Michigan, Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Walter B. Jones of North Carolina, plus Greg Brannon, currently edging into the GOP primary field in the Tar Heel State, and billed “the next Ron Paul,” an amused Mr. Paul observes.
“Dear children, I regrettably bring bad tidings. For some time now, melting ice here in the North Pole has made our operations and our day-to-day life intolerable and impossible and there may be no alternative but to cancel Christmas.”
And so utters a grim and disheveled Santa Claus during a two-minute Greenpeace “call to action” video released Tuesday.
“The North Pole is only a frozen ocean and it’s melting away faster and faster. Santa can no longer function. His warehouse is flooded. All the presents are ruined. World leaders are ignoring the reindeer’s cries for help as they sink in the melting ice. Even the threat of being on Santa’s naughty list hasn’t prompted a rescue operation,” reports Savesantashome.org, a new fundraising and petition site.
PARSING THE ANTI-CHRISTIAN PRESS
Of interest to those who ponder the output of supposedly neutral “print and TV journalists [who] increasingly report news from an anti-Christian standpoint.” Here comes Warren Cole Smith, whose newly revised and updated book with co-author Marvin Olasky traces the path of the press as it relentlessly shifted from a Christian worldview to secular humanism.
Mr. Smith will introduce “Prodigal Press: Confronting the Anti-Christian Bias of the American News Media” at the Heritage Foundation at high noon Wednesday; the event can be viewed live online at Heritage.org. The phenomenon is not new, however. The book originally was published in 1988.
“Not all of us are called to be journalists, but every American — whether he likes it or not — has his thinking shaped by journalism. Prodigal Press helps explain the blatant and subtle ways journalists promote liberal and anti-Christian ideas, and what you can do to protect your family from that influence,” advises Gary Bauer, president of the nonprofit American Values.
POLL DU JOUR
• 62 percent of Americans say they are “the kind of person” who enjoys saving money.
• 33 percent say they are the kind that enjoys spending money.
• 40 percent say they have been spending less money in recent months than they used to; 28 percent of this group say it’s a “new, normal pattern”; 12 percent say it is temporary.
• 30 percent say they are spending about the same amount.
• 28 percent say they are spending more money than they used to; 11 percent of this group says it is their new normal pattern; 17 percent say it’s a temporary change.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: A presidential showcase for Mike Pence
- 10 state tour: Tea party bus rolls in the name of liberty - and the midterms
- Inside the Beltway: The Elizabeth Warren effect
- They're next: Alaska fumes over marijuana legalization
- 'Scott Walker 2016': Here comes the bumper sticker
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014