- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Mile High Matchup: Chargers-Broncos
It seems inevitable that Peyton Manning will shatter the 50-touchdown passing mark set by Tom Brady in 2007. He might even do it Thursday night.
Sure, he needs five to tie, six to break. Never bet against Manning when it comes to such records.
Which also means not to bet against Manning and his Broncos when they face the Chargers in the final Thursday nighter of the season. Denver (No. 2 in the AP Pro 32) is a 10-point favorite over San Diego (No. 18, AP Pro32).
But don’t forget that Philip Rivers is having a superb season for the Chargers, too. And San Diego (6-7) desperately needs to win out for any chance of making the playoffs, which Denver already has reached.
Could be quite a shootout.
“In my mind it’s a playoff scenario for us,” Chargers outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said. “I can’t wait. It’s going to be a great challenge. As a competitor and an athlete in the NFL, these are the opportunities you want. We worked ourselves into a hole and we have to depend on other people, but the only thing we’re focusing on is what we can control, and right now that’s Denver.”
They’ll need to control Manning and an offense that has scored a stunning 515 points in 13 games. Won’t happen.
No. 28 Bills (minus 2) at No. 25 Jaguars
Swallowing hard and making the Jaguars …
BEST BET: JAGUARS, 22-20
No. 12 (tie) Baltimore (plus 6) at No. 14 Detroit, Monday night
Ravens beginning to look like playoff team, but can they win big one on road?
UPSET SPECIAL: RAVENS, 23-21
No. 1 Seattle (minus 7) at No. 23 New York Giants
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.