- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Nick Saban agrees to long-term Alabama deal, will finish career with Tide
Question of the Day
Saban has been mentioned as a candidate for various openings in the NFL and college during his tenure.
That’s no surprise given his track record in the college ranks. Saban is the only coach to win four BCS national titles, including the 2003 championship at LSU. He returned to the SEC after going 15-17 in two seasons with the Miami Dolphins.
“The University of Alabama has finalized a contract agreement with the finest football coach in our country and this contract will keep Nick Saban at the University of Alabama for the remainder of his career,” said Robert E. Witt, Chancellor of the University of Alabama System.
At Texas, several university regents and a former regent were involved in a meeting with Saban’s agent last January to gauge the coach’s interest in coming to Texas.
According to an email detailing that phone meeting and obtained by The Associated Press, Saban’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, told Texas representatives that Texas was the only job Saban would leave Alabama for, and that Saban was under “special pressure” at his current job.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors