- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
Texas coach Mack Brown resigns
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Texas says coach Mack Brown has stepped down and that the Alamo Bowl against Oregon on Dec. 30 will be his last game with the Longhorns.
The school announced the move Saturday.
Brown led the Longhorns to the 2005 national championship and ranks second at the school in career victories. He’s stepping down after 16 seasons _ and one tumultuous week of reports and speculation that this was coming.
He is 158-47 at Texas, but 30-20 the last four seasons, including 19-17 in the Big 12.
The 62-year-old Brown was hired at Texas from North Carolina in 1997 and was credited with reviving a dormant program. Texas had a run of dominance from 2001-2009 when the Longhorns went 101-16. He is one of the highest-paid coaches in the country at $5.4 million this year.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Details on ships, planes searching for missing jet
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again