- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Andretti helps PlayStation promote Gran Turismo 6
Question of the Day
SAN MATEO, CALIF. (AP) - Mario Andretti is helping PlayStation promote its new video game, Gran Turismo 6.
PlayStation is marking the launch of Gran Turismo 6 with the social video documentary "First Love," which focuses on Andretti and the moment he fell in love with his 1948 Hudson Hornet.
The third chapter of the video documentary was posted to GT6firstlove.com on Monday. It explains the process of scanning a rebuilt Hudson Hornet for Gran Turismo 6 and showing the moment the car was presented to Andretti.
Andretti won the Indianapolis 500 in 1969 and went on to a long, brilliant career before he retired from IndyCar in 1994. He last got behind the wheel for a lap in 2003 when he tested a car for son Michael at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Andretti's car hit debris left when Kenny Brack's car hit the wall, sending his car flying through the air and flipping end over end. He walked away unhurt.
Guy W. Longworth, senior vice president of PlayStation Brand Marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, said Andretti was perfect to help PlayStation market Gran Turismo 6.
"He's somebody who's been incredibly successful in the business for decades and we wanted to partner with someone who's as passionate about race car driving as we are," he said. "He was passionate about our program. He came up with some interesting ways to bring it to life. We couldn't have enjoyed working with him more."
GT6 includes popular series such as the FIA GT Racing, Le Mans Series, World Rally Championship and NASCAR.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq