- The Washington Times - Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Police in London said Tuesday they won’t reopen an investigation into the death of Princess Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, claiming there is no additional evidence that demands scrutiny.

Specifically, Scotland Yard investigators said there is “no credible evidence” that special forces in Britain were in any way involved with the death of the couple, The Associated Press reported. Intelligence officials had been exploring claims that special force officials had played a role in their car crash deaths and had gone forward with a “scoping exercise” to see if theories held water, AP reported.

The accusations were originally made by a former member of the British special forces, identified only as Soldier N.

The princess and Fayed — along with their driver, Henri Paul — were killed in a fiery car crash on Aug. 31, 1997, in Paris.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide