You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Katie Couric’s syndicated talk show canceled

Question of the Day

Should Congress make English the official language of the U.S.?

View results

Katie Couric's syndicated television talk show has been canceled, Disney/ABC Television Group and the host announced Thursday.

"While production will continue on 'Katie' through June 2014, we've mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show," they said in a joint statement, the Los Angeles Times reported. "We're very proud of everyone's contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season."

According to the Times, ratings for the show had been less than stellar, with the show failing to attract younger viewers that advertisers pay a premium to reach.

"In the end, the decision to pull the plug was largely based on economics," The Times said. "The handwriting has been on the wall particularly since last month, when Yahoo! hired Couric, 56, as its 'global anchor.' The Internet company is looking to boost its credentials as a news organization."

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks