- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Redskins notes: Tight end Jordan Reed suffers concussion setback
Misses second consecutive game after symptoms reappear Sunday
Nelson admitted he shouldn’t have snapped the ball at all. When he tried to pull it back, it was too late and the ball skipped across the ground to a surprised Rocca.
“No. Believe me, that was a shock to me, too,” said Nelson. “I was just caught in the middle of a snap. I didn’t want to snap it and at the same time I wanted to snap it…Next time I’ll know if I hear something that I wasn’t sure about, I’ll just stop and if we take the penalty, we take the penalty. Maybe they’ll even jump offsides.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby a microcosm of team's uneven 2013-14 season
- Albert Pujols hits career home run No. 500
- Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond's struggles continue in Nats' 4-2 loss to Angels
- Bryce Harper and Mike Trout play against each other for first time
- Nationals reliever Drew Storen shuts down Cardinals in 3-1 win.
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014