- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Wizards roll to comfortable win over Magic, reach .500 mark
Question of the Day
“Their bigs demanded a lot of attention,” Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. “Nene was a force in the inside, Gortat was a force in the inside, and we had to react a little bit, and Ariza made 3s, and there you have it.”
Ariza helped the Wizards get off to a fast start, making two 3-pointers and a fast-break dunk during Washington’s game-opening 15-2 run. The surge by the Wizards set the stage for a see-saw first half.
Oladipo steadied Orlando with seven quick points. Then, with Wall on the bench, Afflalo scored the final eight points of a 10-0 run that bridged the quarters and gave Orlando a 24-22 early in the second quarter.
“It’s just something we knew we could do. We’re not satisfied,” said Ariza, who has made nine of his last 10 3-point tries. “We want to continue this winning thing, make it a tradition around here.”
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq