- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
35 bowl games, 35 reasons to watch
New Orleans Bowl
Tulane (minus 2 1/2) vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
Pick: TULANE 23-21.
MONDAY, DEC. 23
Beef `O’ Brady’s Bowl
Ohio (plus 13 1/2) vs. East Carolina
Why watch? Ohio’s costumed Bobcat mascot, Rufus, has a history of unprovoked attacks, just ask Brutus Buckeye. East Carolina’s Pee Dee the Pirate should keep his sword ready.
Pick: EAST CAROLINA 41-24.
TUESDAY, DEC. 24
Oregon State (minus 3) vs. Boise State
Why watch? Boise State’s first game without Chris Petersen as coach since 2005 and the Broncos are trying to avoid their first season with at least five losses since 1998.
Pick: OREGON STATE 35-21.
THURSDAY, DEC. 26
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.