- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
D.C. police make arrest in September fatal beating
D.C. police arrested a 20-year-old man Thursday in connection with a fatal beating in September.
Police arrested 20-year-old Paul Jefferies of Northwest and charged him with second degree murder while armed in connection with the killing of 24-year-old Awele Olisemeka of Northwest.
Officers found Olisemeka unconscious while responding to a report of an assault in the 900 block of Madison Street in Northwest on Sept. 14. His skull was fractured in several places and he died two days later.
Police did not provide any motive for the attack.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Five former Virginia AGs want case against ex-governor Bob McDonnell dismissed
- Bowser's D.C. primary victory caps speedy rise to political prominence
- Scandal-weary D.C. voters send Mayor Gray packing
- New details lead police to D.C. park in search of missing 8-year-old girl
- Police: Columbia mall shooter left chilling message before rampage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- No rush: Bob Goodlatte waits for heads to cool on heated legislation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.