- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
89-year-old killed in Rockville car crash
Question of the Day
An 89-year-old man was killed in a car crash in Rockville on Saturday afternoon, Montgomery County police said.
Irwin Percival Bellamy of Kensington died after the car he was traveling in was struck by another car as it attempted to make a left turn.
Police said Mr. Bellamy was a passenger in a gray 2004 Toyota Corolla being driven by his son at about 2:21 p.m.
The preliminary investigation suggests the Corolla was making a left turn from Maryland Avenue to Potomac Valley Road with a green traffic signal when it was struck by a silver 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada traveling in the opposite direction on Maryland Avenue.
Mr. Bellamy was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. His 53-year-old son was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
The 73-year-old driver of the Oldsmobile was not injured and remained on the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police: 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Wheaton gang shooting
- Border crisis fuels surge in immigrant enrollment at Montgomery County schools
- Prince William County officials alarmed at illegals housed at nonprofit
- Former P.G. County Executive Wayne K. Curry dies of cancer at 63
- Jury: HIV/AIDS grant money used to renovate building that opened as strip club
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors