- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
89-year-old killed in Rockville car crash
An 89-year-old man was killed in a car crash in Rockville on Saturday afternoon, Montgomery County police said.
Irwin Percival Bellamy of Kensington died after the car he was traveling in was struck by another car as it attempted to make a left turn.
The preliminary investigation suggests the Corolla was making a left turn from Maryland Avenue to Potomac Valley Road with a green traffic signal when it was struck by a silver 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada traveling in the opposite direction on Maryland Avenue.
Mr. Bellamy was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. His 53-year-old son was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
The 73-year-old driver of the Oldsmobile was not injured and remained on the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Police: 2 Alexandria shootings 'appear to be linked' to 2003 unsolved slaying of sheriff's wife
- Maryland teen killer gunned down in Israeli prison shootout
- D.C. man dies from wounds suffered in January shooting
- Man fatally shot in Northeast D.C.
- P.G. police ID victims in Capitol Heights triple homicide
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again